1. 1,4,5,6-Tetrahydroxy-7-prenylxanthone exhibits moderate activities with GI50 (Growth inhibitory) values of 2.8 μM against the human leukaemic HL-60 cell line were measured in vitro.
2. 1,4,5,6-Tetrahydroxy-7-prenylxanthone shows moderate cytotoxicities against breast cancer (MDA-MB-435S) and lung adenocarcinoma (A549) cell lines.
Scoparone is a phytoalexin with antifungal,anticoagulant, antianginal, hypolipidemic, vasorelaxant, immunosuppression, hepatoprotective,anti-allergic,antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory actions, it is used for the traditional treatment of neonatal jaundice. It inhibited the activities of PPARγ, STAT3, NADPH-oxidase 1, and the expression of ERK,NF-kB, JNK,PI3K. It augmented the expression of SOD1 and CAT.
1. Dihydropinosylvinin is an phytoalexin, it shows antifungal activity against Cladosporium cladosporioides, Botryodiplodia theobromae, Aspergillus niger and Penicillium schlerotgenum, it also exhibits strong antibacterial activity against Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
2. Dihydropinosylvin and batatasin IV can inhibit the germination of seeds of and root elongation in young seedlings of Sorghum bicolor.
1. 2α,3α,24-Trihydroxyolean-12-en-28-oic acid, a triterpenoid phytoalexin, isolated from peel of unripe fruits of nectarine (Prunus persica cv Fantasia), shows antifungal activity against the fungus mentioned.
1. Maackiain and medicarpin are two antimicrobial compounds (phytoalexins).
2. Maackiain shows strong larvicidal activity (LC50 = 21.95 ± 1.34 ug/mL).
3. Maackiain induces apoptosis and growth suppression.
4. MAK1 is the second functional gene cloned from Maackiain detoxification.