1. Shikimic acid plays a pivotal role as a key intermediate in the shikimate pathway toward the synthesis of several aromatic amino acids and a variety of secondary metabolites in plants, fungi, and microorganisms.
2. Shikimic acid has great potential for the design and synthesis of enzyme inhibitors which may selectively block specific enzyme-catalysed transformations along this pathway.
3. Shikimate can be used to synthesise (6S)-6-Fluoroshikimic acid, an antibiotic which inhibits the aromatic biosynthetic pathway.
1. Add-on Pregnenolone reduces the severity of negative symptoms in recent-onset schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, especially among patients who are not treated with concomitant mood stabilizers .
2. Immunisation against Pregnenolone directly blocked testicular steroidogenesis, which reduced synthesis of hypothalamic GnRH and subsequently synthesis of pituitary LH by abolishing the permissive action of sex steroids on hypothalamic GnRH neurons, thereby disrupting spermatogenesis.
1. Tectoridin possesses a estrogenic and thyroid hormone-like agent by activating estrogen and thyroid hormone receptors.
2. Tectoridin has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic activities; Tectoridin and its five metabolites inhibits the activities of lens aldose reductase in rat (IC₅₀: 1.4-15.5 μM).
1. Sinapaldehyde has effects against 65 strains of Candida .
1. Vomifoliol can cause as much stomatal closure in epidermal strips of Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms as ABA at identical concentrations.