1. Cinnamic aldehyde exhibits excellent anti-inflammatory activities and antidepressant-like effects in stressed mid-aged rats as a COX-2 inhibitor.
2. Cinnamic aldehyde induces apoptosis of CML cells in vitro, down-regulation of the expression and function of BCR-ABL may be one of its most important anti-leukemia mechanisms.
3. Cinnamic aldehyde and cinnamic acid are cardioprotective in a rat model of ischemic myocardial injury, the mechanism is related to anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Falcarinol has effects on CaCo-2 cells appear to be biphasic, inducing pro-proliferative and apoptotic characteristics at low and high concentrations of Falcarinol, respectively.
2. Falcarinol-associated dermatitis is due to antagonism of the CB(1) receptor in keratinocytes, leading to increased chemokine expression and aggravation of histamine action.