1. Sweroside possesses strong hepatoprotective effect.
2. Sweroside is a promising osteoporosis therapeutic natural product, has anti-osteoporotic effect on the human MG-63 cells and rat osteoblasts.
3. Sweroside and swertiamarine may have wound healing activity, they also have cytoprotective effects, which may cause a synergism in terms of wound healing activity of Gentian.
4. Sweroside can inhibit potent melanogenesis in melan-a cells at 300uM without cytotoxicity, also decreases tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related protein-1 (TRP-1) and TRP-2 protein production in melan a cells, it may be an effective skin-whitening agent through the regulates the expression of MAP kinase and melanogenic enzymes.
5. Sweroside and gentiopicroside suppress Pck1 expression and induce phosphorylation of components in the insulin signalling cascade, demonstrates that they show insulin-mimicking effects on the regulation of Pck1 expression.
1. Aucubin has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-algesic as well as anti-tumor activities.
2. Aucubin prevents neuronal death in the hippocampal CA1 region in rats with diabetic encephalopathy, it also has protective effects on H2O2-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells.
3. Aucubin may improve obesity-induced atherosclerosis by attenuating TNF-α-induced inflammatory responses.
4. Aucubin may be a potential therapeutic choice in the treatment of OA due to its anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective features.
5. Aucubin has antioxidant and pancreas-protective effect on rats with streptozotocin- induced diabetes, it may have value as a safe preventive or therapeutic agent against diabetes mellitus.
6. Aucubin may play an important role in the cellular defense mechanism against UV radiation-induced photoaging, via its antioxidant properties.
7. Aucubin shows high liver-protective activity against carbon tetrachloride/alpha-amanitin-induced hepatic damage in mice.
8. Aucubin suppresses hepatitis B viral DNA replication in vitro, conversion of aucubin to its aglycone form appeared to be a prerequisite step for an exhibition of such antiviral activity.
9. Aucubin and geniposidic acid in Eucommia ulmoides Oliver leaves have promoting effects on collagen synthesis.
10. Aucubin has antispasmodic activity, it antagonizes the uterine muscular contractions induced by acetylcholine and calcium, in a similar way to papaverine.
1. Isosaponarin increases collagen synthesis in human fibroblasts, causes by up-regulated TbetaR-II and P4H production.