|CFN99153||Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt has wound healing activity.
Sweroside possesses wound healing, cytoprotective, skin-whitening , anti-osteoporotic , and hepatoprotective effect. It can inhibit potent melanogenesis in melan-a cells at 300uM without cytotoxicity, also decreases tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related protein-1 (TRP-1) and TRP-2 protein production in melan a cells. It also shows insulin-mimicking effects on the regulation of Pck1 expression.
1. (+)-Taxifolin is an inhibitor of aggregation of the 42-residue amyloid β-protein, it has preventive effects against Alzheimer's disease-like pathogenesis in vivo.
2. (+)-Taxifolin is a weak inhibitor of cytochrome b5 reduction (IC50=9.8μM).
1. Swertiamarin possesses anti-hyperglycemic, anti-hyperlipidemic, anti-diabetic activity and enhances β cell regeneration which causes reversal of diabetes.
2. Swertiamarin possesses significant antioxidant and hepatoprotective properties against d-GalN induced hepatotoxicity given at 100 and 200 mg/kg body weight orally for 8 days, which might be due to its in vitro antioxidant activity.
3. Swertiamarine has wound healing activity via the stimulation of collagen production and its mitotic activity, it also exhibits cytoprotective effects.
4. Swertiamarin can significantly increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels and it shows a significant lipid-lowering effect, as well as a high antiatherogenic potential, overall swertiamarin is an effective lipid-lowering lead compound and can be useful for preventing atherosclerosis.
5. Swertiamarin possesses both peripheral and central antinociceptive activity.
6. Swertiamarin has anti-inflammatory activity, it inhibits the development of arthritis by modulating NF-κB/IκB and JAK2/STAT3 signaling, suggests that swertiamarin acts as an anti-rheumatic agent.
7. Swertiamarin has anti-diabetic effects, the anti-diabetic effect of swertiamarin is due to gentianine, an active metabolite of swertiamarin.
8. Swertiamarin stimulates gastric emptying and gastrointestinal motility by inhibiting the dopamine D2 receptor.
Shikonin is a natural red naphthoquinone pigment, has antimicrobial, anti-tumor, and anti-inflammatory effects; a purified shikonin preparation is widely used for the production of medicinals, cosmetics, and some food products; shikonin also enters into the antiinflammatory ointment and cream compositions used for the treatment of burns. It can suppress the cell viability, adhesion, invasion and migratory ability of MGC-803 cells through TLR2- or NF-κB-mediated pathway.