1. Sweroside possesses strong hepatoprotective effect.
2. Sweroside is a promising osteoporosis therapeutic natural product, has anti-osteoporotic effect on the human MG-63 cells and rat osteoblasts.
1. Taxifolin inhibits the cellular melanogenesis as effectively as arbutin.
2. Taxifolin inhibits the ovarian cancer cell growth in a dose-dependent manner.
3. Taxifolin inhibits cholesterol synthesis in a dose- and time-dependent manner.
4. Taxifolin is an important natural antioxidant in Russia, used in both the medical and food industries.
1. Swertiamarin is an active compound isolated from Enicostemma littorale.
2. Swertiamarin possesses anti-hyperglycemic, anti-hyperlipidemic, anti-diabetic activity and enhances β cell regeneration which causes reversal of diabetes.
3. Swertiamarin possesses cytoprotective and immune reactivity abilities.
4. Swertiamarin derivatives, LMP-09-1 and -2 have a potent anti-adipogenic effect.
1. Shikonin exhibited its anti-tumor activity through inhibiting cell growth and promoting apoptosis by negatively regulating PI3K/Akt signaling ,targeting mitochondrial-related signaling pathway.
2. Shikonin could suppress the cell viability, adhesion, invasion and migratory ability of MGC-803 cells through TLR2- or NF-κB-mediated pathway.
1. Asiaticoside might be a new preventive agent of ALI in the clinical setting, suppressed inflammatory responses in LPS-induced ALI through inhibition of the phosphorylation of NF-κB p65 subunit and the degradation of its inhibitor IκBα.
2. Asiaticoside significantly decreased the synthesis and secretion of extracellular matrix, inhibited TGF-beta expression and the post-stenting intima-media membrane hyperplasia, reduced the endothelial cell damage by effectively up-regulate the expression of Smad7 protein.