1. Caffeine has anxiolytic-like activity, can have both positive and negative effects on anxiety.
2. Caffeine inhibits glucose transport by binding at the GLUT1 nucleotide-binding site.
1. Galanolactone shows cytotoxic activity .
2. Galanolactone has anti-5-HT effect, a diterpenoid isolated from ginger, is related to antagonism of 5-HT3 receptors.
3. Galanolactone exerts anti-obesity effect through down regulation of adipogenic transcription factors and adipogenic marker genes.
4. Galanolactone have inhibit nitric oxide production with IC(50) values ranging from 5.5 to 28.5 μM.
1. Dendrobine has a slight but demonstrable analgesic and antipyretic action.
2. Dendrobine produces moderate hyperglycemia, diminishes cardiac activity in large doses, lowers the blood pressure.
3. Dendrobine on the electrical activity and on amino acid-induced depolarizations of primary afferent terminals were tested on the frog isolated spinal cord.
1. Tetrahydropalmatine reduces heroin craving and increasing the abstinence rate among heroin-dependent patients.
2. Tetrahydropalmatine depletes neurotransmitters such as dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin. L-Tetrahydropalmatine is an inhibitor of D3DR and SR-1A.
1. Pseudoginsenoside-F11 antagonized the morphine stimulated opioid receptor signalling directly at the cellular level.
2. Pseudoginsenoside-F11 antagonized the memory dysfunction induced by scopolamine.