Caffeine has anxiolytic-like activity, can have both positive and negative effects on anxiety. It inhibits glucose transport by binding at the GLUT1 nucleotide-binding site.
1. Galanolactone shows cytotoxic activity .
2. Galanolactone has anti-5-HT effect, a diterpenoid isolated from ginger, is related to antagonism of 5-HT3 receptors.
3. Galanolactone exerts anti-obesity effect through down regulation of adipogenic transcription factors and adipogenic marker genes.
4. Galanolactone has inhibit nitric oxide production with IC(50) values ranging from 5.5 to 28.5 μM.
1. Alpha-Yohimbine is strong selective 2-adrenoceptor antagonist.
2. Alpha-Yohimbine possess aphrodisiac effect.
3. Alpha-Yohimbine is a 5-HT1A receptor agonist.
Dendrobine is an antagonist of β-alanine, taurine and of presynaptic inhibition in the frog spinal cord. Dendrobine has antiviral, and antitumor activities; it can inhibit the growth of A549 cells through inducing apoptosis, which is partially dependent on mitochondrial-mediated pathway; dendrobine treatment decreased mitochondrial membrane potential (MMP), improved the expression of Bax and inhibited the expression of Bcl-2.
Yohimbine hydrochloride is an alpha 2-adrenoreceptor antagonist, blocking the pre- and postsynaptic alpha-2 adrenoreceptors and causing an increased release of noradrenaline and dopamine.It is an antagonist to xylazine hydrochloride-ketamine hydrochloride immobilization of white-tailed deer. Yohimbine has been used as a mydriatic and in the treatment of impotence. It is also alleged to be an aphrodisiac.