1. Licochalcone B and Licochalcone D,isolated from Glycyrrhiza, can significantly inhibit LPS-induced phosphorylation at serine 276 and transcriptional activation of NF-KB, they have anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Licochalcone B can inhibits the proliferation of human malignant bladder cancer cell lines (T24 and EJ) in vitro and antitumor activity in vivo in MB49 (murine bladder cancer cell line) tumor model, it significantly inhibits cell lines proliferation in a concentration-dependent and time-dependent manner, these findings provide support for the use of l Licochalcone B in chemoprevention and bladder cancer therapy.
3. Licochalcone B has antimetastatic effects on human bladder carcinoma T24 by inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases-9 and NF-кB activity.
4. Licochalcone B can protect the liver from carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced injury, the protection may be due to inhibition of p38 and NFκB signaling, which subsequently reduces inflammation in the liver.
5. Licochalcone B has cardioprotective effects against ischemia/reperfusion in isolated rat hearts, the effects may be attributed to its antioxidant, antiapoptotic, and anti-inflammatory activities.
1. Norcantharidin(NCTD) has been used to treat human cancers in China since 1984.
2. Norcantharidin, a protein phosphatase type-2A inhibitor, which has less nephrotoxic and phlogogenic side-effects, it can inhibit both DNA synthesis and granulocyte-macrophage colony-forming cells (GM-CFC)growth and impaire the neogenesis of chromatin material and nuclear membrane during the M/G1 phase transition in K-562 cells.
3. Norcantharidin inhibits the canonical Wnt signal pathway in NSCLC, by activating WIF-1 via promoter demethylation.
4. Norcantharidin could be an effective agent for targeting neo-lymphangiogenesis to inhibit lymphangiogenesis, by downregulating the expression of VEGF-C and VEGF-D.
5. Norcantharidin enhances TIMP‑2 antitumor and anti‑VM activities in GBCs through downregulating MMP‑2 and MT1‑MMP.
1. Griffipavixanthone can inhibit tumor metastasis and proliferation via downregulation of the RAF pathway in esophageal cancer.
2. Griffipavixanthone inhibits the growth of human Non-small-cell lung cancer H520 cells in dose- and time-dependent manners, it induces cell apoptosis through mitochondrial apoptotic pathway accompanying with ROS production.
1. Nitidine chloride has inhibitory effects on various tumors, such as renal cancer , breast cancer.
2. Nitidine chloride inhibits the proliferation of SMMC-7721 cells in vitro in a time- and dose-dependent manner and identifies efficacy in vivo in a mouse model of HCC.
3. Nitidine chloride exerts an anti-inflammatory property by inhibiting TNF-α, IL-1β, and IL-6 production in association with reduced NF-κB and MAPK signaling pathways in RAW 264.7 cells.
4. Nitidine chloride has protective effects on rats during myocardial ischemia/reperfusion.
1. Magnolin has anti-inflammatory,anti-histaminic,and antioxidative effects.
2. Magnolin can ameliorate the renal tubular necrosis, apoptosis, and the deterioration of renal function.
3. Magnolin reduces the renal oxidative stress, suppresses caspase-3 activity, and increases Bcl-2 expression in vivo and in vitro.
4. Magnolin might be a naturally occurring chemoprevention and therapeutic agent capable of inhibiting cell proliferation and transformation by targeting ERK1 and ERK2.