1. Cyanidin-3-O-sambubioside chloride is inhibitors of BPDE-induced NFκB activity.
2. Cyanidin-3-O-sambubioside chloride inhibits the enzyme activity by competing with the substrate for the active site.
3. Cyanidin-3-O-sambubioside chloride has antioxidant activity and free-radical-scavenging property.
4. Cyanidin-3-O-sambubioside chloride is highly water-soluble and is easily degraded by hydrolysis and /or hydrogenation at temperatures >40°C.
1. Salvicine inactivates β1 integrin and inhibits integrin-mediated cell adhesion to fibronectin.
2. Specificity of Salvicine and diversity of anticancer agents in the mechanism of interference with telomerase and the telomere system.
3. Salvicine has potent anti-angiogenic activity through the inhibition on the sequential angiogenic cascades: proliferation, migration and tube formation and is associated with influence on the expression of bFGF of tumor cell.
4. Salvicine has antimetastatic activity and shed new light on the complex roles of ROS and downstream signaling molecules, particularly p38 MAPK, in the regulation of integrin function and cell adhesion.
Irigenin, an α-glucosidase inhibitor, which has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and anti-metastatic effects. Irigenin can inhibit the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 proteins and mRNAs without an appreciable cytotoxic effect. Irigenin displays moderate activity as inducers of NAD(P)H:quinone reductase (QR) in cultured mouse Hepa 1c1c7 cells.
1. alpha-Carotene has a stronger effect than beta-carotene in suppressing the promoting activity of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate on skin carcinogenesis in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-initiated mice.
2. alpha-Carotene has inhibitory effects on proliferation of the human neuroblastoma cell line GOTO.
3. alpha-Carotene inhibits metastasis in Lewis lung carcinoma in vitro, and suppresses lung metastasis and tumor growth in combination with taxol in tumor xenografted C57BL/6 mice.
Perillyl alcohol has potential chemopreventive, and antileukemia activities, it can suppress antigen-induced immune responses in the lung, it could be a novel preventive or therapeutic option for immunologic lung disorders such as asthma with minimal side effects. Perillyl alcohol can suppress antigen-induced immune responses in the lung, it could be a novel preventive or therapeutic option for immunologic lung disorders such as asthma with minimal side effects.