|CFN99029||Kadsuracoccinic acid A
1. Kadsuracoccinic acid A has anticancer activity.
2. Kadsuracoccinic acid A induces significant cleavage arrest.
3. Kadsuracoccinic acid A may be related to the preservation of the progression of the M phase.
1. Colchicine prevents amyloidosis in our high-risk population and that it can prevent additional deterioration of renal function in patients with amyloidosis who have proteinuria but not the nephrotic syndrome.
2. Colchicine binds at a location where it prevents curved tubulin from adopting a straight structure, which inhibits assembly, and microtubules are cytoskeletal polymers of tubulin involved in many cellular functions.
3. Colchicine has anti-mitotic activity, it interacts with tubulin and perturbs the assembly dynamics of microtubules; though its use has been limited because of its toxicity, colchicine can still be used as a lead compound for the generation of potent anti-cancer drugs.
4. Colchicine can treat familial mediterranean fever.
5. Colchicine may exert its prophylactic effects on cytokine-provoked inflammation by diminishing the qualitative expression of E-selectin on endothelium, and its therapeutic effects by diminishing the quantitative expression of L-selectin on neutrophils.
1. Methyl protodioscin shows strong cytotoxicity against most cell lines from solid tumors with GI50 ≤10.0 microM, but moderate cytotoxicity is shown against leukemia cell lines with GI50 10-30 microM.
2. Methyl protodioscin potentially increase HDL cholesterol while reducing LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Methyl protodioscin induced apoptotic process in human A549 cells is closely associated with Mitochondrial membrane potential, mitochondrial cytochrome c and caspase-3 .
4. Methylprotodioscin (50 mg/kg/d) can significantly inhibit bone loss in bone mineral content and bone mineral density in total, cancellous and cortical bones, and the decrease in bone strength indexes induced by ovariectomized , without side effect on the uterus; suggests that it has antiosteoporotic activity in vivo.
5. Methylprotodioscin and dioscin suppress the gene expression and production of MUC5AC mucin, by directly acting on airway epithelial cells, and the results are consistent with the traditional use of Asparagus cochinchinensis as remedy for diverse inflammatory pulmonary diseases.
6. Methyl protodioscin can inhibit the in-vitro thrombosis,decrease the dry and wet weight of thrombus and delay the occlusion time (OT), it has the effects of lowering the whole blood viscosity and plasma viscosity.
7. Methyl protodioscin has therapeutic effects on myocardial infarction in rats, it can reduce the level of myocardium enzyme and the myocardial infarction size,and increase the capability of clearing oxygen free radical and function of the vascular endothelial cell.
1. Theobromine and theophylline occur in plants used in the preparation of a number of widely consumed drinks, chromosome abnormalities are caused by both theobromine and theophylline in plant cells and in mammalian cells in culture, and both have anti-mitotic activity.
2. Theobromine may form the basis for a new class of antitussive drugs, it can suppress capsaicin-induced cough with no adverse effects, it also can directly inhibit capsaicin-induced sensory nerve depolarization of guinea-pig and human vagus nerve suggestive of an inhibitory effect on afferent nerve activation.
3. Theobromine, caffeine, and xanthine have a quenching effect on the production of hydroxyl radicals, as well as on oxidative DNA breakage by hydroxyl radicals, they have antioxidants and also capable of prooxidant action.
4. Theobromine may have therapeutic potential for diabetic nephropathy, by reducing kidney ECM accumulation in diabetic.
5. Theobromine independently increased serum HDL-cholesterol concentrations by 0.16 mmol/L.
1. Cornin induces angiogenesis in vitro via a programmed PI3K/Akt/eNOS/VEGF signaling axis.
2. Cornin has protective potential against cerebral ischemia injury and its protective effects may be due to amelioration of cerebral mitochondrial function and its antioxidant property.
3. Cornin has antimitotic action on dividing cell.
4. Cornin has cardioprotection against experimental myocardial ischemic injury due to an increase in expression of phospho-CREB and phospho-Akt.