1. 20-Deoxocarnosol , the main phenolic abietane present in aerial parts of the Chilean medicinal plant, has antioxidant activity of measuring the decay of the radical cation diphenyl-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH).
2. 20-Deoxocarnosol exhibits non-specific antiprotozoal activity due to high cytotoxicity.
1. Chlorophorin shows high anti-protozoal activity with an MIC of 0.25 microg/ml.
2. Chlorophorin can strongly inhibit mushroom tyrosinase activity with IC50 values of 2.5 ± 0.408 uM.
3. Chlorophorin can reduce tyrosinase activity and inhibit α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone-induced melanin production in B16F10 melanoma cells.
Primin has antimycobacterial, and strong antineoplastic actions. Primin has potent activity against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense (IC50 0.144 microM) and Leishmania donovani (IC50 0.711 microM), and low cytotoxicity (IC50 15.4 microM) on mammalian cells; it could serve as a lead compound for the rational design of more potent and less toxic antiprotozoal agents.