1. Indigo participates in isolating oxygenase genes.
2. Indigo carmine angiography provides visual information on foot perfusion.
1. Shikonin and alkannin are the most potent and specific inhibitors to tumor-specific pyruvate kinase-M2 (PKM2) reported so far, as PKM2 universally expresses in cancer cells and dictates the last rate-limiting step of glycolysis vital for cancer cell proliferation and survival, enantiomeric shikonin and alkannin may have potential in future clinical application.
2. Shikonin, a naphthoquinone pigment from the root of Lithospermum erythrorhizon, it has antibacterial, antitumor, and anti-inflammatory effects, it provides neuroprotection by reducing the release of various proinflammatory molecules from activated microglia.
3. Shikonin can inhibit VEGF-induced angiogenesis and suppress tumor growth in lewis lung carcinoma-bearing mice.