1. D-pinitol exerts anti-inflammatory activity.
2. D-Pinitol exerts insulin-like activity, used for many diabetic associated conditions.
3. D-Pinitol is a safe nutrient to reduce calorie consumption when supplementing with creatine.
1. Cannabidiolic acid has antibiotic effect.
2. Cannabidiolic acid havs a selective inhibitory effect on COX-2.
3. Cannabidiolic acid offers potential therapeutic modality in the abrogation of cancer cell migration, including aggressive breast cancers.
4. Cannabidiolic acid prevents nausea-induced behavior in rats by enhancing the activation of the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor.
1. Stevenleaf (Gypenosides) inhibits invasion and migration of human tongue SCC4 cells by down-regulating proteins associated with these processes, resulting in reduced metastasis.
2. Gypenoside can suppress the rise of serum cholesterol (CHO) and triglyceride (TRIG) in hyperlipidaemia mice and lower the content of CHO, TRIG and LDL in hyperlipidaemia quails.
1. Norisoboldine might be a potential therapeutic agent for rheumatoid arthritis, and it functions through protecting joint destruction as well as regulating the abnormal immune responses.
2. Norisoboldine inhibits the macrophage activation and the resultant production of pro-inflammatory cytokines via down-regulating the activation of MAPKs signaling pathways rather than NF-κB.
1. Silymarin has antioxidant,free radical scavenging activities.
2. Silymarin has hepatoprotective(antihepatotoxic) properties that protect liver cells against toxins.
3. Silymarin has protective effect against UV irradiation-induced apoptosis in human malignant melanoma cells.
4. Silymarin has a beneficial treatment in type II diabetic patients, may via reducing the lipoperoxidation of cell membranes and insulin resistance,significantly decreasing endogenous insulin overproduction and the need for exogenous insulin administration.
5. Silymarin has anti-cancer effects in vitro against human prostate adenocarcinoma cells, estrogen-dependent and -independent human breast carcinoma cells, human ectocervical carcinoma cells, human colon cancer cells, and both small and nonsmall human lung carcinoma cells.