1. Afzelin has antibacterial effects on Pseudomonas aeruginosa, its minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) is 31ug/mL.
2. Afzelin has several cellular activities such as DNA-protective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory as well as UV-absorbing activity and may protect human skin from UVB-induced damage by a combination of UV-absorbing and cellular activities.
3. Afzelin has potenial anti-cancer activity against prostate cancer, the activity is due to inhibition of LIM domain kinase 021 expression, it can inhibit the proliferation of LNCaP and PC302cells, and block the cell cycle in the G002phase.
4. Afzelin can attenuate asthma phenotypes is based on reduction of Th2 cytokine via inhibition of GATA-binding protein 3 transcription factor, which is the master regulator of Th2 cytokine differentiation and production.
5. Afzelin may be useful as a protective agent against ultraviolet irradiation, it promotes melanogenesis by occurs through increased MITF gene expression, which is mediated by activation of p38 MAPK.
Agnuside has anti-arthritic activity, it also shows inhibition of vascular permeability and leukocyte migration in vivo.It inhibited an array of pro-inflammatory mediators (PGE(2) and LTB(4)) and T-cell-mediated cytokines (IL-2, TNF-α, IFN-γ, IL-4, IL-10, IL-17).
1. Agrimol B has antibacterial activity against Pseudomonas syringae pv. lacrymans (bacterial leaf spot pathogen), Ralstonia solanacearum (tomato bacterial wilt pathogen) and Pseudomonas syringae pv. tabaci (Tobacco wild fire pathogen.).
2. Agrimol B has a therapeutic potential on alleviating obesity, through modulation of SIRT1-PPARγ signal pathway.
1. Agrimonolide exerts anti-inflammatory activity, at least in part, via suppressing LPS-induced activation of JAK-STATs and p38 MAPKs signaling pathway.
2. Agrimonolide is a potential α1 adrenergic receptor antagonist .
3. Agrimonolide and desmethylagrimonolide can effectively increase insulin-mediated glycogen level in heptocytes, they may play an important role in regulating glucose metabolism in insulin-resistance HepG2 cells and could be developed as a promising natural material for diabetes prevention and treatment.
1. Ailanthone has anti-inflammatory, anti-HIV, anti-malarial, anti-allergic, antiulcer and antimicrobial activities..
2. Ailanthone has significant pre-emergence herbicide activity , is directly correlated to Ailanthone concentration.
3. Ailanthone has potent antineoplastic activity against hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), it can inhibit huh7 cancer cell growth via cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in vitro and in vivo.
1. Ajugasterone C shows significant inhibitory effect at 100 mg/kg dose on rat paw oedema development due to carrageenan-induced inflammation in Sprague Dawley rats.
1. Ajugol shows some trypanocidal potential against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense (IC50 values 29.3–73.0 ug/ml).
Albiflorin has anti-inflammatory, and antidepressant-like effects. Albiflorin may reduce or prevent osteoblast degeneration in osteoporosis, and may promote the recovery of bone marrow hemopoietic function in a myelosuppressed mouse model, it has neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-amyloid induced toxicity.
|CFN90198||Alisol A 24-acetate
1. Alisol A 24-acetate has antibacterial activity.
2. Alisol A 24-acetate has anti-complement activity against the classical pathway of the complement system with IC50 values of 130 microM.
3. Alisol A 24-acetate can effectively prevent bone loss in ovariectomized (OVX) mice, and that it can be considered a potential therapeutic for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
4. Alisol A 24-acetate could be developed as a new structural scaffold for inhibitors of osteoclast differentiation in order to develop new drugs against osteoporosis.
1. Alisol B can suppress C3a induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition .
2. Alisol B may be a potential novel therapeutic molecule for bone disorders through targeting the differentiation of osteoclasts as well as their functions.
3. Alisol B also inhibited RANKL-induced expression of NFATc1 and c-Fos, which are key transcription factors for osteoclastogenesis.
4. The molecular target of Alisol B is the sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase, it provides detailed insights into the cytotoxic mechanism of a novel antitumor compound.