1. Alpinetin has antibacterial activity.
2. Alpinetin has anti-inflammatory activity.
3. Alpinetin can enhance the sensitivity of HepG2 hepatoma cells to the chemotherapeutic agent CDDP.
4. Alpinetin has strong anti-hepatoma and pancreatic cancer cells effects, by inhibiting proliferation ,regulating of the Bcl-2 family and XIAP expression, releasing of cytochrome c and activating caspases.
1. Alpinumisoflavone has atheroprotective effects, may result from their ability to upregulate mechanisms promoting HDL-cholesterol and bile acid formation.
2. Alpinumisoflavone is endowed with estrogenic properties accounting, at least in part, for E. lysistemon effects.
3. Alpinumisoflavone induces cell death, may be via repressing both the ERK/MAPK and NF-κB pathways.
4. Alpinumisoflavone, abyssione-V 4'-O-methyl ether, 6,8-diprenylgenistein, and burttinone are active against both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria, the minimum inhibitory concentration values obtained (MIC) ranged from 3.9 ug/mL to 125 ug/mL.
1. Alstonine is an indole alkaloid that has an antipsychotic activity, by decreasing glutamate uptake and using the step-down inhibitory avoidance paradigm and MK801-induced working memory deficits in mice.
2. Alstonine prevents the expected fasting-induced decrease in glucose levels.
1. Amentoflavone stimulates apoptosis in HSFBs and inhibits angiogenesis of endothelial cells, it is a promising molecule that can be used in hypertrophic scar treatment.
2. Amentoflavone induces apoptosis in SW480 human colorectal cancer cells via regulating β-catenin and caspase-3 expressions.
3. Amentoflavone has been shown to inhibit tumor metastasis in vivo, amentoflavone treatment reduces experimental tumor metastasis and suggest that such an action is associated with attenuation of tumor invasion, proliferation and angiogenesis.
4. Amentoflavone exhibits protective effect in acetic acid-induced ulcerative colitis which might be due to its modulation of oxidant/anti-oxidant balance, down-regulation of productions and expressions of pro-inflammatory cytokines, inflammatory mediators and inhibition of NF-κB signal transduction pathways.
5. Amentoflavone and its derivatives as novel natural inhibitors of human Cathepsin B(CatB), CatB is a member of the papain superfamily of cysteine proteases and has been implicated in the pathology of numerous diseases, including arthritis and cancer.
6. Amentoflavone exhibits potent antifungal activity against several pathogenic fungal strains, it has great potential to be a lead compound for the development of antifungal agents.
1. Ampelopsin has potent anti-inflammatory properties in vitro and in vivo, the anti-inflammatory effect of ampelopsin is due to inhibiting the interconnected ROS/Akt/IKK/NF-κB signaling pathways.
2. Ampelopsin has hepatoprotective activity,it acts to prevent the oxidative stress in vivo that may have been due to active oxygen species formed by a macrophage by the action of GalN.
3. Ampelopsin can inhibit Bel-7402 proliferation through inducing cell apoptosis, the mechanism might be that ampelopsin could directly or indirectly enhance the level of anti-apoptosis protein Bcl-2 and decrease the level of apoptosis protein Bax.
4. Ampelopsin,a major antifungal constituent from Salix sachalinensis, and its methyl ethers.
5. Ampelopsin is a potent antioxidant, it inhibits H₂O₂-induced apoptosis by ERK and Akt signaling pathways and up-regulation of heme oxygenase-1.
6. Ampelopsin sodium exhibits antitumor effects against bladder carcinoma in orthotopic xenograft models.
7. Ampelopsin suppresses breast carcinogenesis by inhibiting the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signalling pathway, it is an effective mTOR inhibitor that may be developed as a useful chemotherapeutic agent in the treatment of breast cancer.
8. Ampelopsin has reversal effect on multidrug resistance in K562/ADR cells, it can increase the cytotoxicity and the intracellular accumulation of chemotherapeutic drugs in multidrug resistance(MDR) associated tumor cells through inhibiting the efflux of drugs by P-gp.
9. Ampelopsin has anti-invasive and anti-metastatic effects on melanoma.
1. Amygdalin has antitumor activity against cervical cancer, by inhibiting the growth of HeLa cell xenografts through a mechanism of apoptosis.
2. Amygdalin is a potent antifibrotic agent that may have therapeutic potential for patients with fibrotic kidney diseases.
3. Amygdalin joint HSYA could inhibit the degeneration of the endplate chondrocytes derived from intervertebral discs of rats induced by IL-1beta and better than the single use of Amygdalin or HSYA.
4. Amygdalin induces apoptotic cell death in human DU145 and LNCaP prostate cancer cells by caspase-3 activation through down-regulation of Bcl-2 and up-regulation of Bax,suggests it may offer a valuable option for the treatment of prostate cancers.
5. Amygdalin exerts anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects and it dose so probably by suppressing the mRNA expressions of COX-2 and iNOS.
1. Andrographolide is an antiinflammatory, antiviral, antithrombotic, hypotensive and antiatherosclerotic drug.
2. Andrographolide can cure hyperpigmentation disorders.
3. Andrographolide protects against chemical-induced oxidative damage by up-regulating the gene transcription and activity of antioxidant enzymes in various tissues.
4. Andrographolide reduces proliferation, migration, and phosphorylated Akt levels in lens epithelial cells, can be utilized for the prevention of PCO.
5. Andrographolide has potential as a leading compound in the prevention or treatment of obesity and insulin resistance, can ameliorate lipid metabolism and improve glucose use in mice with HFD-induced obesity.
6. Andrographolide has a mechanism of action different from that of non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAID) and most likely associated with the cardiovascular and antithrombotic activity described of Andrographis paniculata.
7. Andrographolide may inhibit HIV-induced cell cycle dysregulation, leading to a rise in CD4(+) lymphocyte levels in HIV-1 infected individuals.
8. Andrographolide has anti-cancer activity, the inhibition on MMP-7 expression by andrographolide may be through suppression on PI3K/Akt/AP-1 signaling pathway, which in turn led to the reduced invasiveness of the cancer cells.
9. Andrographolide has hepatoprotective activity against carbontetrachloride,it is found to be more potent than silymarin, a standard hepatoprotective agent.
10. Andrographolide has anti-inflammatory effects, it prevents oxygen radical production by human neutrophils.
1. Anemarsaponin B has anti-inflammatory effect in LPS-treated RAW 264.7macrophages, the effect is associated with the inhibition of NF-κB transcriptional activity, possibly via the p38 MAP kinase pathway.
2. Anemarsaponin B can inhibit PAF-induced rabbit platelet aggregation in vitro.
1. Anemoside B4(AB4) and tetrandrine(Tet) have some reversal effect on resistant to L-OHP in Lo Vo/L-OHP cells, the molecular mechanism of the resistance reverse effect was related to down-regulation of P-gp for AB4 and down-regulation of z DHHC9 for Tet.
2. Anemoside B4 can inhibit the production of IL-6,secretion of IL-8, downregulate E-selectin expression, and decrease the content of TXB(2), it reduces inflammatory response, thus relieving intestinal dysfunction via multiple pathways.
3. Anemoside B4 may potentially have a capacity to regulate immune responses in vivo via changes in production of these select cytokines by infected endothelial cells.