3-Epidehydrotumulosic acid has inhibitory activity against AAPH-induced lysis of red blood cells.
3-Epioleanolic acid and oleanonic acid possess varying degrees of agonist activity on uterine smooth muscle with minor changes in the molecular structure affecting its intrinsic activity on uterine muscle.
1. L-theanine- and theogallin(3-Galloylquinic acid )-enriched decaffeinated green tea extract are able to change the physiological pattern of electrical hippocampus activity in a concentration dependent manner (EC50=3mg/L), they can improve cognition at concomitant mental relaxation in man.
2. Theogallin, its derivatives, its metabolite quinic acid, the derivatives thereof, its metabolites or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts of said substances can be used for producing a drug for use in the prophylaxis or treatment of neurological and psychiatric diseases of the central nervous system, especially of dementia such as Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease, of depressions and concentration disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
3. Theogallin has scavenging radical activity.
3-Hydroxy-4-methoxycinnamic acid shows anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antioxidant, and antidiabetic properties, it is an anti-glycation agent, inhibits fructose- and glucose-mediated protein glycation.
1. 3'-Methoxydaidzein and geraldol have antiplatelet aggregation activity and appear to be specific against collagen‐induce platelet aggregation with a IC50 values of12.3 and 61.5 uM, respectively.
2. 3'-Methoxydaidzein has antioxidant activity.
3'-Methoxypuerarin shows neuron protection activity, it can protect hippocampal neurons against ischemia/reperfusion injury by inhibiting apoptosis. 3'-Methoxypuerarin has antioxidant activities, it shows ONOO(-) scavenging activity and weak NO· and O(2)(-) scavenging activities.
Dl-3-n-Butylphthalide has antihypertensive effects, may slow the progression of hypertensive nephropathy by a variety of mechanisms.3-n-Butylphthalide is effective for improving cognitive and global functioning in patients with subcortical VCIND and exhibits good safety, this effect might be mediated by preventing the decline of the central cholinergic system.
1. 3-O-(2′E,4′Z-decadienoyl)-20-O-acetylingenol, one toxic terpenoid from raw Gansui.
2. 3-O-(2′E,4′Z-decadienoyl)-20-O-acetylingenol has strong cytotoxicity against human normal cell lines L-O2 and GES-1 with dose-dependent relationships .
3. 20-O-acetyl-[3-O-(2'E,4'Z)-decadienoyl]-ingenol and 3-O-(2'E,4'Z)-decadienoylingenol show the same antinematodal activity against the nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus, at a minimum effective dose (MED) of 5 microg/cotton ball.
4. 3-O-(2'E,4'Z-decadienoyl)-20-O-acetylingenol induces the cytotoxicity of intestinal epithelial cells of rats (IEC-6 cells) depends on induction of cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway and cell cycle arrest.
5. 3-O-(2'E,4'Z-decadienoyl)-20-O-acetylingenol, kansuinine B and kansuinine A can markedly promote SPL proliferation and NO production by PMphi at concentrations from 0.78 to 12.50 microg/mL, hence the they are believed to be important proinflammatory components of the roots of E. kansui.
3-O-Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid inhibits 5-lipoxygenase product formation with an IC(50) of 1.5 m muM.