1. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone is an effective HO-1 inducer at the translational level.
2. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-inflammatory effects, is a valuable compound for modulating inflammatory conditions.
3. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-influenza virus activity, the mechanism involved anti-apoptosis and anti-inflammation activities in vitro.
4. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has inhibitory activity on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells, is mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.
1. 3-Deoxysappanone B has vasorelaxation effects, it can mediate endothelium- independent vasodilator action in rat thoracic aortic rings.
1. 3-Epicorosolic acid has a potent inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (EBV-EA) induction.
2. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows both potent α-glucosidase and protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibitory activities with IC50 values of 30.18 and 4.08 μg/ml respectively.
3. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows mixed type inhibition against PTP1B, while it shows uncompetitive inhibition against α-glucosidase; suggests that it has potential antidiabetic activity.
4. 3-Epicorosolic acid possesses the ability to inhibit the expression of one or more inflammatory genes induced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13 acetate in mouse skin, it has potential anti-inflammatory activities as well as cancer chemopreventive activity.
3-Epidehydrotumulosic acid has inhibitory activity against AAPH-induced lysis of red blood cells.
3-Epioleanolic acid and oleanonic acid possess varying degrees of agonist activity on uterine smooth muscle with minor changes in the molecular structure affecting its intrinsic activity on uterine muscle.
1. L-theanine- and theogallin(3-Galloylquinic acid )-enriched decaffeinated green tea extract are able to change the physiological pattern of electrical hippocampus activity in a concentration dependent manner (EC50=3mg/L), they can improve cognition at concomitant mental relaxation in man.
2. Theogallin, its derivatives, its metabolite quinic acid, the derivatives thereof, its metabolites or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts of said substances can be used for producing a drug for use in the prophylaxis or treatment of neurological and psychiatric diseases of the central nervous system, especially of dementia such as Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease, of depressions and concentration disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
3. Theogallin has scavenging radical activity.
3-Hydroxy-4-methoxycinnamic acid shows anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antioxidant, and antidiabetic properties, it is an anti-glycation agent, inhibits fructose- and glucose-mediated protein glycation.
1. 3'-Methoxydaidzein and geraldol have antiplatelet aggregation activity and appear to be specific against collagen‐induce platelet aggregation with a IC50 values of12.3 and 61.5 uM, respectively.
2. 3'-Methoxydaidzein has antioxidant activity.
3'-Methoxypuerarin shows neuron protection activity, it can protect hippocampal neurons against ischemia/reperfusion injury by inhibiting apoptosis. 3'-Methoxypuerarin has antioxidant activities, it shows ONOO(-) scavenging activity and weak NO· and O(2)(-) scavenging activities.