1. 6-Prenylnaringenin is an isomer of the potent phytoestrogen, 8-prenylnaringenin.
2. 6-Prenylnaringenin and 8-prenylnaringenin have anti-cancer potential , dose-dependent reduction of cellular proliferation of human PC-3 prostate cancer and UO.31 renal carcinoma cells upon treatment
3. 6-Prenylnaringenin can inhibit 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA)-induced inflammation (1μg/ear) in mice, it also exhibits inhibitory effects on skin-tumor promotion in anin vivo two-stagemouse-skin carcinogenesis test based on 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]- anthracene (DMBA) as initiator and with TPA as promoter.
4. 6-Prenylnaringenin exhibits both mixed and non-competitive inhibitory characteristics against tyrosinase, tyrosinase is the rate-limiting enzyme for the production of melanin and other pigments via the oxidation of l-tyrosine.
1. 6-Shogaol enhances TRAIL-mediated apoptosis in renal carcinoma Caki cells via ROS-mediated cytochrome c release and down-regulation of c-FLIP(L) expression.
2. 6-Shogaol impairs cancer development and lung metastasis by inhibiting the secretion of CC-chemokine ligand 2 (CCL2) in tumor-associated dendritic cells.
3. 6-Shogaol shows significant neuroprotective effects in vivo in transient global ischemia via the inhibition of microglia.
4. 6-Shogaol can inhibit the growth of human pancreatic tumors and sensitize them to gemcitabine by suppressing of TLR4/NF-κB-mediated inflammatory pathways linked to tumorigenesis.
5. 6-Shogaol reduces the inflammatory response and protected the femoral cartilage from damage produced in a CFA monoarthritic model of the knee joint of rats.
6. 6-Shogaol induces apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells in relation to caspase activation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress signaling, affects the ER stress signaling by regulating unfolded protein response (UPR) sensor PERK and its downstream target eIF2α.
1. 3'4'7-Trihydroxyflavone can markedly inhibit the receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B ligand (RANKL) induced osteoclastic differentiation from mouse bone marrow derived macrophages (BMMs), it inhibits osteoclastogenesis via nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1).
1. 7-O-Methyleriodictyol inhibits the maximum contractions induced by acetylcholine or oxytocin .
1. 7-xylosyltaxol is a taxol (Paclitaxel) derivative, has antineoplastic activity.
8-Gingerol is one of the principal components of ginger, which is widely used in China and elsewhere as a food, spice and herb, it has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, and skin-whitening activities. It suppresses cellular tyrosinase activity and decrease melanin content, inhibits the expression of MC1R, MITF, tyrosinase, TRP1 and TRP2, decreases intracellular RS and ROS levels in B16F10 and B16F1 cells, inhibits melanogenesis by down-regulation of MAPK, PKA signaling pathway.
1. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has antibacteria and antiviral activities.
3. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has a biological activity on isolated smooth muscle preparations from guinea pig.
4. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has vasoconstrictor activity.
5. 8-O-Acetylharpagide presents the obvious inhibition on Epstein-Barr virus(EBV) infection, it not only apparently inhibits EBV-VCA,but also alleviates the hyperfunction and effusion of capillary permeability at the early inflammation.