1. 5-Heneicosylresorcinol shows inhibitory effects on the release of β-hexosaminidase from RBL-2H3 cells.
2. 5-Heneicosylresorcinol prevents triglyceride accumulation in 3T3-L1 cells.
3. 5-Heneicosylresorcinol has nematicidal activity against nematodes Panagrellus redivivus, Caenothabditis elegans and Bursaphelenchus xylophilus, with ED50 values of 80, 30, and 180 ug/mL, respectively.
1. 5-Heptadecylresorcinol has strong inhibitory property against the growth of PC3 cells.
5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal activities, it also shows moderate antitrypanosomal activity with MIC value of 19.0 ug/ml. 5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone shows prominent inhibitory activity against soybean lipoxygenase, it can significantly inhibit nitric oxide production and induce reduction in the mRNA expressions of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 macrophages.
5-Hydroxymethylfurfural is one component of food, has antioxidative properties and is therefore used as an acting agent in a novel anticancer infusion solution, named Karal®, and an oral supplementation. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural could be formed in soft beverages of rich sugar during process, and often used as an index of heat treatment, it is also considered as potentially carcinogenic to humans.
5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents anxiolytic, antinociceptive, and antidepressant effects, it seems to be dependent on its interaction with the dopaminergic system, but not with the serotonergic and noradrenergic systems.
1. 5-O-Caffeoylshikimic acid shows moderate MDR reversal activity.
2. 5-O-Caffeoylshikimic acid shows anti-oxidative activity .
3. 5-O-Caffeoylshikimic acid can remarkably inhibit the macrophage migration and adhesion.
4. 5-O-Caffeoylshikimic acid has anti-inflammatory activity, the underlying mechanism was associated with downregulation of nuclear factor-κB.
5-O-Demethylnobiletin has anti-inflammatory activity, it may act through a direct inhibition of 5-LOX, without affecting the expression of COX-2.