1. Allantoin has anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities.
2. Allantoin can enhance the antifungal activity of Nanoencapsulation.
3. Allantoin, as I-1R agonist, has the potential to develop as a new therapeutic agent for hypertension in the future.
1. Allicin exerts a unique bactericidal effect on biofilm-embedded bacteria.
2. Allicin can treat cancer via alleviating liver injury by as an adjuvant to Tamoxifen .
3. Allicin has protective effects on H9c2 cells, could inhibit intracellular ROS production instead of scavenging extracellular H(2)O(2) or free radicals.
4. Allicin could significantly inhibit vascular smooth muscle cells' proliferation and migration induced by insulin, which may be related to the inhibition of the activation of ERK signal path.
5. Allicin may inhibit the proliferation and induce the apoptosis of MGC‑803 human gastric carcinoma cells, and this may partially be achieved through the enhanced expression of p38 and cleaved caspase 3.
6. Allicin is beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol, triglycerides levels and systolic blood pressure in hypercholesterolemic rats, it may beneficially affect two risk factors for atherosclerosis–hyperlipidemia and hypertension.
7. Allicin exhibits antioxidant activities as protective compounds against free radical damage.
8. Allicin can strongly inhibit cysteine proteinases and cytopathic effects of Entamoeba histolytica.
9. Allicin is an anti-inflammatory agent , it exerts an inhibitory immunomodulatory effect on intestinal epithelial cells and suggest that allicin may have the potential to attenuate intestinal inflammation.
1. Alnustone exerts significant anti-inflammatory activity in the assay of carrageenin-induced hind paw edema in rats.
1. Aloeemodin is able to interact with DNA under certain in vitro conditions, however, in vivo it is negative did not indicate a genotoxic potential, thus, it may be assumed that a genotoxic risk for man might be unlikely.
2. Aloeemodin has inhibition of β-amyloid aggregation, and has neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-amyloid induced toxicity.
3. Aloeemodin has anti-fibrotic effects, perhaps through downregulation of the expression of Smad2 mRNA and TGF-β1,TIMP1,and type Ⅰ and Ⅲ collagen proteins,and upregulation of the expression of Smad7 mRNA.
4. Aloeemodin may have therapeutic effects on liver fibrosis induced by Schistosoma of liver through the effects of TGF-β1,VEGF and FAK expression.
5. Aloeemodin can suppress the proliferation of HGC-27 cell to induce apoptosis and block cell cycle.
1. Aloe-emodin-8-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside shows moderate bioactivity against human Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B (hPTP1B) in vitro.
1. Plants containing aloin A, aloe emodin, and structurally related anthraquinones have long been used as traditional medicines and in the formulation of retail products such as laxatives, dietary supplements, and cosmetics; however, topically applied aloe emodin increases the sensitivity of skin to UV light, although aloin A is not directly photocytotoxic, but human skin fibroblasts can metabolize aloin A to aloe emodin.
2. Aloin A and aloe emodin have antibacterial activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
1. The extract of A. vera and its active ingredient aloin cause melanin aggregation leading to skin lightening via alpha adrenergic receptor stimulation, the result opens new vistas for the use of A. vera regarding its clinical application as a new nontoxic melanolytic agent for the treatment of hyperpigmentation.
2. Dietary supplementation of aloe components (aloin, aloesin and aloe-gel) can ameliorate intestinal inflammatory responses in a 3% dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced ulcerative colitis rat model, in particular, aloesin is the most potent inhibitor.
1. Alpha-Amyrin is an antineoplastic agent.
2. Alpha-Amyrin is trypsin and chymotrypsin inhibitor.
3. Alpha-Amyrin induces proliferation of human keratinocytes.
4. Alpha-Amyrin can as a hepatomodulatory potent to feasibility for a promising liver curative drug.
1. alpha-Boswellic acid (α-BA)has gastroprotective properties, α-BA decreases oxidative stress and that the Nrf2/HO-1 pathway might play a role in the gastroprotective action of α-BA in ethanol-induced gastric injury in rats.
2. alpha-Boswellic acid could be considered as a potent therapeutic agent for prevention and decreasing the progression of Alzheimer’s hallmarks, it can efficiently reduce hyperphosphorylated Tau (Ser404) in STZ-treated astrocytes and decrease ROS generation and promote proliferation of astrocytes through elevating Survivin expression.
3. Boswellic acid has protective effects against acetaminophen (APAP)-induced hepatotoxicity in Balb/ cA mice.
1. alpha-Carotene has a stronger effect than beta-carotene in suppressing the promoting activity of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate on skin carcinogenesis in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-initiated mice.
2. alpha-Carotene has inhibitory effects on proliferation of the human neuroblastoma cell line GOTO.
3. alpha-Carotene inhibits metastasis in Lewis lung carcinoma in vitro, and suppresses lung metastasis and tumor growth in combination with taxol in tumor xenografted C57BL/6 mice.