1. Adenanthin has bacteriostatic activity.
2. Adenanthin has antiinflammatory activity.
3. Adenanthin has antitumour activity .
4. Adenanthin is a novel NF-κB and nucleophilic cysteines inhibitor.
5. Adenanthin has antileukemic activity through targeting peroxiredoxin I/II.
6. Adenanthin can serve as the development of Prx I– and Prx II–targeted therapeutic agents.
1. Adenosine induces SphK1 activity in human and mouse sickle and normal erythrocytes in vitro.
2. Adenosine can activate the neuroimmune system, alter neuronal function and neurotransmission,and contribute to symptoms of sickness and psychopathologies, .
3. Adenosine activates mast cells have been long implicated in allergic asthma and studies in rodent mast cells have assigned the A3 Adenosine receptor (A3R) a primary role in mediating Adenosine responses.
1. Adonifoline is a hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloid.
1. Afzelin has antibacterial effects on Pseudomonas aeruginosa, its minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) is 31ug/mL.
2. Afzelin has several cellular activities such as DNA-protective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory as well as UV-absorbing activity and may protect human skin from UVB-induced damage by a combination of UV-absorbing and cellular activities.
3. Afzelin has potenial anti-cancer activity against prostate cancer, the activity is due to inhibition of LIM domain kinase 021 expression, it can inhibit the proliferation of LNCaP and PC302cells, and block the cell cycle in the G002phase.
4. Afzelin can attenuate asthma phenotypes is based on reduction of Th2 cytokine via inhibition of GATA-binding protein 3 transcription factor, which is the master regulator of Th2 cytokine differentiation and production.
5. Afzelin may be useful as a protective agent against ultraviolet irradiation, it promotes melanogenesis by occurs through increased MITF gene expression, which is mediated by activation of p38 MAPK.
1. Agnuside has anti-arthritic activity.
2. Agnuside shows inhibition of vascular permeability and leukocyte migration in vivo.
1. Agrimol B has antibacterial activity against Pseudomonas syringae pv. lacrymans (bacterial leaf spot pathogen), Ralstonia solanacearum (tomato bacterial wilt pathogen) and Pseudomonas syringae pv. tabaci (Tobacco wild fire pathogen.).
2. Agrimol B has a therapeutic potential on alleviating obesity, through modulation of SIRT1-PPARγ signal pathway.
1. Ailanthone has anti-inflammatory, anti-HIV, anti-malarial, anti-allergic, antiulcer and antimicrobial activities..
2. Ailanthone has significant pre-emergence herbicide activity , is directly correlated to Ailanthone concentration.
3. Ailanthone has potent antineoplastic activity against hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), it can inhibit huh7 cancer cell growth via cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in vitro and in vivo.
1. Ajugasterone C shows significant inhibitory effect at 100 mg/kg dose on rat paw oedema development due to carrageenan-induced inflammation in Sprague Dawley rats.
1. Ajugol shows some trypanocidal potential against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense (IC50 values 29.3–73.0 ug/ml).
1. Albiflorin enhances mitochondrial function to suppress antimycin A-induced oxidative damage via the preservation of cytochrome C and cardiolipin, indicates that albiflorin may reduce or prevent osteoblast degeneration in osteoporosis.
2. Albiflorin produces significant antidepressant-like effects, which are closely related to the hippocampal 5-HT/NE increase and expression, indicates that albiflorin could be a potential anti-depressant drug.
3. The administration of albiflorin can significantly ameliorate myelosuppression in all cases, it may promote the recovery of bone marrow hemopoietic function in a myelosuppressed mouse model.
4. Albiflorin, aloeemodin and neohesperidin have inhibition of β-amyloid aggregation, they have neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-amyloid induced toxicity.
5. Albiflorin can serve as a new chemical marker for the quality control of Paeoniae Radix and the Chinese Pharmacopoeia can be updated, via has similar anti-inflammatory effects to paeoniflorin.