1. 4',7-Isoflavandiol, an estrogen metabolite, affects the ability of soy nuts to improve cardiovascular risk factors.
2. 4',7-Isoflavandiol may advance breast cancer potential via up-regulation of the eukaryotic initiation factor 4GI (eIF4GI).
3. 4',7-Isoflavandiol is a potential anticancer agent against HeLa, with possible mechanisms involved in ROS generation and mitochondrial membrane alteration.
1. 4'-Hydroxyacetophenone is a potent xanthine oxidase inhibitor.
2. Three 4′-hydroxyacetophenone-related phytoalexins from Polymnia sonchifolia, 4′-hydroxy-3′-(3-methylbutanoyl)acetophenone, 4′-hydroxy-3′-(3-methyl-2-butenyl) Acetophenone and 5-acetyl-2-(1-hydroxy-1-methylethyl)benzofuran, have antifungal activity.
1. 4-Hydroxybenzaldehyde shows an inhibitory effect on the GABA transaminase to contribute to an antiepileptic and anticonvulsive activity, and its inhibitory activity was higher than that of valproic acid, a known anticonvulsant.
1. 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid derivatives has potential to as pan-HDAC inhibitors with anticancer properties.
2. 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid positively regulates the expression of gum cluster to promote EPS production in PXO99A.
3. Some derivatives of 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid are found to possess direct action on Hbs molecules, inhibit acetic acid induced oedema and used in management of sickle cell disease.
4. 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid and trans 4-hydroxycinnamic acid have anti-bacteria activity against most of the gram-positive and some gram-negative bacteria, at IC50 concentrations of 160 and 100-170 micrograms/ml, respectively.
1. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol possesses anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti- nociceptive activity possibly via its down-regulating activity on NO production, which may be partly responsible for the pharmacological efficacy of several folkloric medicines.
2. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol exhibits beneficial effects in cerebral ischemic injury, has neuroprotective effect through upregulation of Nrf2, Prdx6, and PDI expression via the PI3K/Akt pathway.
3. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol inhibit the development of new blood vessels by targeting multiple mechanisms of the angiogenic process, may as a promising candidate for the establishment of anti-angiogenic treatment strategies in cancer therapy.
1.4'-Hydroxywogonin has positive effect on inhabiting those human tumor lines in vitro, with IC50 value is 8.3-38.4ug/mL .
1. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid is a photosensitive compound.
2. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid shows various pharmacologic actions such as hepatoprotective and antihyperglycemic activities, it also can stimulate insulin secretion from pancreatic β-cells by increasing Ca2+ influx via the L-type Ca2+ channels, but not through the closure of ATP-sensitive K+ channels.
3. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid can strongly inhibit the diphenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase, with the IC 50 value of 0.42 mM, and the inhibition is reversible.
4. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid has protective effectan active phenolic acid against 1,2- dimethylhydrazine-induced colon carcinogenesis by modulating biotransforming bacterial enzymes and xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes.
1. 4-O-Feruloylquinic acid can be useful for the prevention of cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.