1. 5-Heptadecylresorcinol has strong inhibitory property against the growth of PC3 cells.
1. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural is one component of food, has antioxidative properties and is therefore used as an acting agent in a novel anticancer infusion solution, named Karal®, and an oral supplementation.
2. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) and furfural (F) could be formed in soft beverages of rich sugar during process, and often used as an index of heat treatment, HMF is also considered as potentially carcinogenic to humans.
3. The aerobic oxidation of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural, a versatile biomass-derived chemical, is examined in water with a titania-supported gold-nanoparticle catalyst at ambient temperature (30 ℃).
1. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents anxiolytic effects.
2. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antinociceptive activity.
3. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antidepressant effects, seems to be dependent on its interaction with the dopaminergic system, but not with the serotonergic and noradrenergic systems.
1. 6,7,4'-Trihydroxyisoflavone has antioxidant activity.
2. 6,7,4'-Trihydroxyisoflavone, is a novel inhibitor of PKCα in suppressing solar UV-induced matrix metalloproteinase 1.
3. 6,7,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone, suppresses adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes via ATP-competitive inhibition of PI3K.
4. 6,7,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone inhibits HCT-116 human colon cancer cell proliferation by targeting CDK1 and CDK2.
1. Esculetin(6,7-Dihydroxycoumarin) is known to inhibit proliferation and induce apoptosis in several types of human cancer cells and is regarded as a promising chemotherapeutic agent; it inhibits cell growth and induces apoptosis by suppressing Sp1 in HN22 and HSC4 cells, suggesting it to be a potent anticancer drug candidate for oral cancer.
2. Esculetin blocks cell proliferation via the inhibition of an upstream effector of Ras and downstream events including p42/44 MAPK activation, PI 3-kinase activation, immediate early gene expression, as well as NF-kappaB and AP-1 activation; it also inhibits intimal hyperplasia after balloon vascular injury in the rat, indicating the therapeutic potential for treating restenosis after arterial injury.
3. Esculetin induces apoptosis during the late stage of differentiation, it can alter fat cell number by direct effects on cell viability, adipogenesis, and apoptosis in 3T3-L1 cells.
4. Esculetin exhibits competitive inhibition against the oxidation of 3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)- alanine by mushroom, the IC50 value of esculetin is 43 microM.
5. Esculetin reduces the incidence of liver lesions induced by t-BHP, including hepatocyte swelling, leukocyte infiltration, and necrosis, speculates that esculetin may play a chemopreventive role via reducing oxidative stress in living systems.
6. Esculetin suppresses proteoglycan metabolism by inhibiting the production of matrix metalloproteinases in rabbit chondrocytes, suggests that it is a therapeutically effective candidate for inhibition of cartilage destruction in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
1. 6,8-Diprenylgenistein has antimicrobial activity .
2. 6,8-Diprenylgenistein has anti-bacteria activity against Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria.
1. 6,8-Diprenylorobol possesses weaker anti-H. pylori activity, may be used as chemopreventive agent for peptic ulcer or gastric cancer.
2. 6,8-Diprenylorobol is evaluated against the AIDS-related opportunistic fungal pathogens, Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans.