3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde, a potent tyrosinase inhibitor, has antifungal activity, it can inhibit oxidative DNA damage and apoptosis via its antioxidant activity. It inhibits the phosphotransferase activity of CKII with IC(50) of about 783 microM, it may function by inhibiting oncogenic disease, at least in part, through the inhibition of CKII activity. It inhibits the H2O2-induced apoptosis of granulosa cells, promotes estradiol secretion in granulosa cells and enhanced the mRNA expression levels of steroidogenic factor 1, a promoter of key steroidogenic enzymes.
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid exhibits scavenging actions against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical, the superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid isolates from a green alga protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.
3. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has been shown to prevent carcinogenesis or antitumor growth in vivo, it has apoptotic effect on human gastric carcinoma cells involving JNK/p38 MAPK signaling activation.
4. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid can prevent Abeta (25-35)-induced neuronal cell damage by interfering with the increase of [Ca(2+)](c), and then by inhibiting glutamate release, generation of ROS and caspase-3 activity.
5. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has protection against Adriamycin cytotoxicity and inhibition of DNA topoisomerase II activity.
6. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has nematicidal activity against Meloidogyne incognita.
7. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid shows significant antioxidant using DPPH and antimicrobial activities.
1. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has inhibitory effects on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT)-associated RNase H function, it may have antiviral activity against HIV-1.
2. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has anti-inflammatory properties, it can inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production with IC50 values of 18.5 uM, the inhibitory effect is accompanied by dose-dependent decreases in LPS-induced nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in RAW 264.7 cells.
1. 3β,5α-Dihydroxy-(22E,24R)-ergosta-7,22-dien-6-one exhibits strong or moderate cytotoxic activities against MCF-7, A549, Hela and KB cell lines with IC50 values 4.98 (MCF-7), 1.95 (A549), 0.68(Hela), and 1.50 uM (KB), respectively.
1. 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose has neuroprotective effect and antidepressive activity in rats, at least in part, by increasing expression of cyclic AMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) and its downstream target protein, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
2. Treatment with 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose (0.6, 6, and 60 μmol/L) increases cell viability dose dependently, inhibits LDH release, and attenuated apoptosis. The mechanisms by which 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose protect neuron cells from glutamate-induced excitotoxicity include the downregulation of proapoptotic gene Bax and the upregulation of antiapoptotic gene Bcl-2.
1. 3α-Akebonoic acid shows interesting in vitro growth inhibitory activity against human tumor A549 and HeLa cell lines, it also shows significant in vitro α-glucosidase inhibitory activity.
2. 3α-Akebonoic acid can interfer with presenilin-1 (PS1)/ β-site APP-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1) interaction and reduces Aβ production, the chemical interference of PS1/BACE1 interaction is a promising strategy for Alzheimer’s disease therapeutics.
(Z)-3-butylidenephthalide has antihyperglycemic effect is due to inhibition of α-glucosidase at the intestinal level, inhibited the activity of yeast-α-glucosidase (IC(50) 2.35 mM) in a noncompetitive fashion with a K(i) of 4.86 mM. It can induce a dose-dependent antinociceptive action in the hot-plate assay, it is also effective for controlling the pain provoked by chemical irritation at the doses of 10 and 31.6 mg/kg.
1. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone is an effective HO-1 inducer at the translational level.
2. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-inflammatory effects, is a valuable compound for modulating inflammatory conditions.
3. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-influenza virus activity, the mechanism involved anti-apoptosis and anti-inflammation activities in vitro.
4. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has inhibitory activity on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells, is mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.
1. 3-Epicorosolic acid has a potent inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (EBV-EA) induction.
2. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows both potent α-glucosidase and protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibitory activities with IC50 values of 30.18 and 4.08 μg/ml respectively.
3. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows mixed type inhibition against PTP1B, while it shows uncompetitive inhibition against α-glucosidase; suggests that it has potential antidiabetic activity.
4. 3-Epicorosolic acid possesses the ability to inhibit the expression of one or more inflammatory genes induced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13 acetate in mouse skin, it has potential anti-inflammatory activities as well as cancer chemopreventive activity.
1. 3-Epidehydrotumulosic acid has inhibitory activity against AAPH-induced lysis of red blood cells.