1. 25S-Inokosterone and 25R-inokosterone exhibit potent inhibition (80-95% at ) against TNF-expression levels in A23187 plus phorbol-myrisrate acetate-induced RBL-2H3 cells, they have excellent anti-atopy activity, thus they could be used to a large range of functional anti-atopy cosmetics.
1. 2-endo-Hydroxy-1,8-cineole shows antimicrobial and bactericidal activities against against test bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas fluorescens) .
1. 2-Hydroxy-1-methoxy- anthraquinone can promote osteoblast proliferation, and can inhibit osteoclast TRAP activity and bone resorption, suggests that it has antiosteoporotic activity.
1. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of U937 cells,in part,through activation of p-p38MAPK and downregulation of p-ERK1/2; triggers caspase-3 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
2. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of THP-1 cells, in part, through activation of Fas/FasL, DR4 and TRAIL; triggers caspase-8 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
2-Hydroxycinnamic acid has photooxidant activity; 2-hydroxycinnamic acid germanium has strong inhibitory effect on the tumor U14; trans-2-hydroxycinnamic acid has efficacy against trichlorfon-induced oxidative stress in wistar rats.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein is an isoflavonoid phytoalexin.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein suppress chemical mediators in inflammatory cells, may have value in treatment and prevention of central and peripheral inflammatory diseases associated with excess production of chemical mediators.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B (fMLP/CB) with IC(50) values of 2.8+/-0.1 and 5.9+/-1.4 microM, respectively.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein has antifungal activity, dimerization of it causes a remarkable increase of antifungal activity.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein exhibits greater antiproliferative effects in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells than does genistein, suggest that 2'-hydroxylation of genistein can enhance its antioxidant activity and cell cytotoxicity in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B.
1. The recombinant protein exhibits high FNS I activity catalyzing the conversion of naringenin to apigenin and 2-Hydroxynaringenin.
1. 2-Methoxystypandrone displays an immunomodulatory effect in a cellular model.
2. 2-Methoxystypandrone specifically inhibits JAK and IKKβ kinase activities.
3. 2-Methoxystypandrone blocks inflammatory responses by impairing NF-κB signaling to limit the inflammation and oxidative stress for preservation of BBB integrity.
4. 2-Methoxystypandrone concomitantly promotes neurodevelopmental protein expression and endogenous neurogenesis through inactivation of GSK3β to enhance β-catenin signaling for upexpression of neuroprotective genes and proteins.
5. 2-Methoxystypandrone has anti-osteoclastogenic effect, could reflect the block of RANKL-induced association of TRAF6-TAK1 complexes with consequent decrease of IkappaB-mediated NF-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases-mediated c-Fos activation pathways and suppression of NFATc1 and other gene expression, essential for bone resorption.