(-)-Gallocatechin gallate has cancer-preventive activities, it can precipitate cholesterol, decreasee osteoclastogenesis at 20 microM.
(-)-Huperzine A is a naturally occurring potent reversible AChE inhibitor that penetrates the blood-brain barrier, it also has several neuroprotective effects including modification of beta-amyloid peptide, reduction of oxidative stress, anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptotic and induction and regulation of nerve growth factor.
1. l-isocorypalmine (l-ICP), l-ICP likely acts as a D1 partial agonist and a D2 antagonist to produce its in vivo effects and may be a promising agent for treatment of cocaine addiction.
2. (-)-Isocorypalmine has significant antifungal activity.
1. Lariciresinol administration can inhibit the tumor growth and tumor angiogenesis, conceivable importance of dietary lignan lariciresinol in inhibition of breast cancer development.
1. Licarin B can improve insulin sensitivity via PPARγ and activation of GLUT4 in the IRS-1/PI3K/AKT pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytes, it as a promising bioactive for insulin resistance and associated complications through its partial PPARγ activity.
(-)-Maackiain, a phytoalexin, which is an anti-allergic compound that suppresses the up-regulation of the histamine H1 receptor (H1R) gene. It shows significant growth inhibitory action on the growth of the human lymphoblastoid cell lines Molt and Raji, and shows a strong larvicidal effect against 4th instar larvae of Aedes aegypti(LC50=21.95±1.34ug/mL).
1. Pinoresinol (PIN)can ameliorate CCl4-induced acute liver injury, and this protection is likely due to anti-oxidative activity and down-regulation of inflammatory mediators through inhibition of NF-kappaB and AP-1.
2. (+)-Pinoresinol possesses fungicidal activities and therapeutic potential as an antifungal agent for the treatment of fungal infectious diseases in humans.
3. Pinoresinol is the precursor of other dietary lignans that are present in whole-grain cereals, legumes, fruits, and other vegetables, PIN can cause an upregulation of the CDK inhibitor p21(WAF1/Cip1) both at mRNA and protein levels, suggests that this could be a mechanism by which PIN reduces proliferation and induces differentiation on HL60 cells.
1. Sparteine is a class 1a antiarrhythmic agent, a sodium channel blocker.
2. The deficient debrisoquine hydroxylation of Sparteine is due to the absence of P-450IID1 protein in the livers of poor metabolizers.
1. (-)-Syringaresinol inhibits the proliferation of human promyelocytic HL-60 cells through G(1) arrest and induction of apoptosis, may be a potential chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer.
(-)-Syringaresnol-4-O-beta-D-apiofuranosyl-(1->2)-beta-D-glucopyranoside is a natural lignan from Albizia julibrissin Durazz..