1. (+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props.
2. (+)-Pteryxin shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.
1. 20S, 20R ginsenoside-Rh1 can inhibit the thrombin-induced conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin.
1. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity.
2. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol is the inhibitor of farnesyl-protein transferase.
3. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
4. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol has anti-oxidant activity, can inhibit the elevation of malondialdehyde content, the reduction of superoxide dismutase activity, glutathione peroxidase and total antioxIdant capacity.
1. 20S-protopanaxdiol saponins (PQDS) injection can obviously improve the ECG in Pit-induced AMI rats, alleviate the degree of cardiamyopathy in Iso-induced AMI rats, may via effect on AMI and anti-lipid peroxidation.
2. PQDS estrain the release of antistreptokinase (ASK), CK and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), increase the activity of SOD and decrease the content of MDA.
3. PQDS has the effect of anti-tumor through increasing the activity of body immunity,improving the lymphocyte transformation,the activity of NK cells and the contents of IL-2 significantly.
1. (Z)-Butylidenephthalide has antitumor effect, can effectively inhibit the tumor growth in the glioma.
1. 1,2,3,4,6-Pentagalloylglucose and gallic acid from Pistacia lentiscus have antimutagenic and antioxidant activities.
2. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-beta-D-glucose (PGG) possesses potent anti-proliferative and anti-invasive effects, it also has inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity.
3. PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.
4. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta- O -galloyl-β- d -glucose has vasodilatory and anti-inflammatory effects, it dilates vascular smooth muscle and suppresses the vascular inflammatory process via endothelium-dependent nitric oxide (NO)/cGMP signaling.
5. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-beta-D-glucose can decrease the level of extracellular hepatitis B virus (HBV) (IC50, 1.0 microg/ml) in a dose-dependent manner, it also can reduce the HBsAg level by 25% at a concentration of 4 microg/ml; the gallate structure of PGG may play a critical role in the inhibition of anti-HBV activity, suggests that PGG could be a candidate for developing an anti-HBV agent.
6. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-β-D-glucose has anti-parasitic activity, displays an EC50 value of 67 μM, at least 6.6-fold more effective than the standard drug benznidazole against trypomastigote forms of T. cruzi.
1. 1,2-Benzenediol is used as 5% aq. soln. for photometric detn. of Nb, Os, Ta, Ti, W, complexing agent of some metals (e.g. Al, Ti) (anionic complexes associated with basic dyes).
1. 1,2 Dihydrotanshinquinone is active against both Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum.
1. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity.
2. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid is a potent and highly selective class of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors, inhibitsHIV-1 replication in MT-2 cell culture at non-toxic concentrations.
1. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity.
2. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has neuroprotective activity.
3. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid inhibits TARC, MDC, and RANTES production in HaCaT cells.