1. Sparteine is a class 1a antiarrhythmic agent, a sodium channel blocker.
2. The deficient debrisoquine hydroxylation of Sparteine is due to the absence of P-450IID1 protein in the livers of poor metabolizers.
1. (-)-Syringaresinol inhibits the proliferation of human promyelocytic HL-60 cells through G(1) arrest and induction of apoptosis, may be a potential chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer.
1. (+)-Afzelechin has anti-inflammatory activity.
1. (+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress.
1. Corynoline, isolated from the aerial parts of Corydalis incisa, has inhibitory effect on the acetylcholinesterase with reversible and noncompetitive.
2. Corynoline exhibits the potent anti-inflammatory and/or immunosuppressive activity, the potent inhibitory activity of corynoline for the ICAM-1/LFA-1 adhesion and would be important on developing the clinically usable drugs for the inflammatory diseases.
1. Lyoniresinol shows robust anti-melanogenic activity, decreases tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis in B16F10 cells by activating ERK signaling, which downregulated MITF, tyrosinase, but not TRP-1 and TRP-2 protein expression.
2. Lyoniresinol has antioxidant effect.
1. (+)-Praeruptorin A and (-)-praeruptorin A exerted distinct relaxant effects on isolated rat aorta rings, which might be mainly attributed to nitric oxide synthesis catalyzed by endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
1. (+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props.
2. (+)-Pteryxin shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.